Effective Date: May 25, 2018 | Alteration Date: July 23, 2020
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- Some data are collected when you voluntarily provide it to us. This could, for example, be data you provide when you leave a comment or subscribe to our newsletter.
- Other data are collected automatically when you visit our website. This data includes information about your location, your browser, your operating system, the pages you are visiting and more technical data.
WHAT DO WE USE THE DATA FOR?
A. Analytics and Statistics
Most of the data collected by us and/or any third parties is used to track our visitor’s behavior and to analyze how our visitors use our website. We’re using Google Analytics (owned by Google) and Jetpack Site Stats (owned by Automattic) to track and analyze our visitors and their behavior. Both services collect anonymous information, as neither service won’t collect any personal data, such as your name, email address or IP address. We tell Google Analytics to anonymize the information sent by the tracker objects by removing the last octet of your IP address prior to its storage. Jetpack Site Stats doesn’t collect IP addresses by default. This makes it impossible to directly or indirectly identify our visitors.
B. Affiliate Links
This site uses affiliate links, which means that we earn a percentage of the sale as a commission, whenever we refer a customer. In order to keep track, a cookie is being stored on your device whenever you click one of our affiliate links or banner advertisements. Such a cookie does not contain any personal information. These cookies only contain tracking information, such as our affiliate ID.
C. Commenting System
This website let visitors comment on our posts and pages and in order to do so, we’re using a third party service, called “Disqus”. Your information is stored on the Disqus servers. You can check your Disqus profile and see which details you have provided to them and whether you’d like to change your (privacy) settings.
D. Contact Form
In order to contact us, you might want to need our contact form. When using our contact form, you are providing us with your name and email address. This information is being forwarded directly to our inbox and is not being stored in a database. We will only use this information in order to contact you and is being deleted from our mailbox when it’s no longer needed. We will never use your information for commercial purposes or share your information with other parties.
E. Blog Subscription
We offer the possibility to subscribe to our website, which means you will receive notifications in your inbox whenever we publish new content. For this service, we are using a third-party service, provided by Automattic and WordPress. The only information that is being stored by WordPress is your e-mail address.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential in orfer to enable you to move around the website and to use its features. Without these cookies, this website just won’t work properly.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. For instance, it tells us which pages visitors go to. These cookies enable us to improve our website and don’t collect any information that identifies the visitor.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember your preferences or customizations. These cookies are anonymised and cannot track your browser activity on other websites.
- Affiliate / Tracking Cookies: These cookies contain our details, such as our affiliate ID.
Even though we do collect some basic information from our visitors, we are never able to identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This means that the data collected by us is anonymous data.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES